Follow modprov31wife on Twitter

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Modern Proverbs 31 Challenge

For most women the Proverbs 31 wife is a little intimidating. I've found myself in several conversations with other women about this actual subject does it really apply to us today? Does God really expect a wife to perform each and everyone of the tasks listed below? Do I have the time to do all these things in my busy, modern, fast pace life? Times have changed, so why doesn't the bible? I'll tell you why, because truth never changes.

Yes it seems like a lot and a huge expectation of a woman to be all these things to her husband, however imagine if it were possible. Imagine if for one day you could be this perfect God fearing, noble wife who does each and everyone of these things would it help your marriage? Would it help your children to behave better? Would it help you to feel like you have purpose and have accomplished something? God knows that none of us are perfect and we all lack something, but he also tells us to strive to be like Christ, who is perfect. I believe that God's desire for us is to better ourselves daily, and not just to sit on what we have but to perfect it and mold it and strive to become a better wife, mother, and Child of God.

So as I sat with my husband tonight, and we enjoyed our quiet time together after the kids were in bed, I began to think about all the things in life I wanted to try and accomplish and there was just so many it became overwhelming! And then I thought about what my order of priorities are, #1 being God & #2 being my husband. My ultimate goals should be to seek God first, and second be the best wife I can be, even if he makes me angry! I believe if I can do these two things the rest will fall into place.

So Starting today, I'm going to do the "Modern Proverbs 31 Wife Challenge." My plan is to break down the different tasks in Proverbs 31:10-31, and work on each task daily for one month. At the end of 1-1.5 years (and maybe some change, since I'll need to take a little break for the birth of our baby) I will have AT LEAST tried to grow closer to God, and be a better wife. Whether I pass or fail, isn't the issue for me, it's whether I can continue to better myself daily. If I don't accomplish each and every task to my ideal perfection that's okay too...I still know that in 1 year when I look back on the very first week I started this challenge, I will be a different wife than I am now. And that will be worth every second of it.

So ladies...who is with me...who of you would like to join me in this challenge? Just leave me a comment so that I know you are going to be following along. Feel free to start a discussion so that we can hold each other accountable because I know I will need it!! I'm SO excited to start this challenge and for you all to join in with me...and I'll be posting the first Challenge for the Month of June later this day! God Bless!!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! I'll be taking a baby break come end of August/beginning of Sept too, but I'm definitely game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! I've been trying to be more like the Prov. 31 wife since the fall. My husband was deployed and I promised myself when he came back I'd be a much better wife than he'd ever dreamed. Sometimes, I don't do so great. :( So it's nice to be in this with other women to encourage me to keep silent instead of letting unwise words fly. I can't wait to hear how everyones marriages, including my own, transform!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in! Thanks for starting the great challenge.

    ReplyDelete