Follow modprov31wife on Twitter

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Challenge Day 1

So today was day 1 and I am curious to know how everyone does today! I hope you feel comfortable enough to share what you struggled with today or what you've felt you did better with today. Feel free to head over to the Facebook page under the discussion tab and let us know. Also you never know how your input and experiences through this challenge will help someone else.

For me today was a little more challenging than I thought it would be. When I posted the challenge last night I thought "this won't be hard, I don't really complain much about my husband to other people! How much can I complain about him in one week!" Boy was I wrong! I should have known that anytime you do anything for God or try and change anything about yourself for the Lord, Satan tries his best to stop it or make it harder!!

I actually caught myself today while talking to a good friend complaining about my husband and how he let our girls eat their cereal in the living room this morning and they had it crunched up everywhere!! What my friend didn't know is that even though that was the case, my husband got up early this morning with all three kids, fed them all breakfast and milk, and let me sleep in!! Any other day besides today I would have never caught that little tiny complaint to my friend, cause was it really that bad, did it really do that much damage? I'll never know, however my job is to prevent that damage even if I think that it will be limited.

What SHOULD I have done? Wrote it down in my prayer log that he will feed them breakfast in the kitchen from now on so it's less work for me later on, and after I prayed over it, talked to him about it. Now remember for every negative you should give him 2 positives! So something like "Honey, thank you so much for getting up early with the girls (1) and I love that you feed them breakfast and let me sleep that is so awesome of you(2) But is there any way tomorrow you could make them sit at the table with their breakfast because it causes me a lot of clean up later in the day?" By doing the two positives first, you are not tearing him down and causing him to feel unappreciated, but you are praising him and letting him know how much you love that he is helping and doing things for you before you make your request known. Not to mention if you take it before the Lord first, he will have favor on you when you do approach your husband and he will be ready to receive and hear your request with an open heart.

So lets hope tomorrow is even better than today and I look forward to hearing how your day went today!!

Love you all and praying for you daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment