Follow modprov31wife on Twitter

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Challenge #13 October 7-October 14, 2010

Proverbs 31:15-16 "She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard."

Last week we all adjusted our bedtime so that we can fit in some of that "ME" time that is so much needed. But what did you actually do with those extra hours or minutes that you had?

One thing I've noticed in my walk with Christ is that sometimes he can have the worse timing! I can't tell you how many times I've been praying over something and he will give me a dream and wake me up in the wee hours of the night. One time I recall in particular the Lord woke me up for two weeks straight at 4am every morning, wanting me to seek Him! I'd lay back down and try to fight Him on it, but he would make my spirit so restless I couldn't even lay in bed. I had to get up!! What is it about God and the morning? Why does he have to be such an early bird?!

It makes me think of the hymn "In the Garden" I'm not a hymn person by any means but this is one of my favorites!
"I walk in the Garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses.
And the voice I hear falling on my hear, the Son of God discloses.
He speaks, and the sound of His voice, is so sweet the birds hush their singing
But the melody that he gave to me, within my heart is singing."

That sums it up for me! In the morning, it's quiet the birds are singing, dew still on the ground everything is fresh and renewed. And that is the time for us to be fresh and new as well. This picture of "morning" reminds me of the first day after God created the earth and all that is in it. He looked around and said "it is good!"
There is nothing like waking up in the cool of the day and seeking the Lord first thing.

My husband has been in ministry since we first were married. We've been through a lot of things and seasons. I remember in the beginning when we were serving, we got so burnt out on being there so much, and giving so much. We never had the time to receive from the Lord ourselves! It became such a dry season for us. Until finally we were able to take that break and spent time with the Lord. Cause you see, You can't fill up an empty glass if the pitcher is empty as well! You can share your knowledge but what good is knowledge if it's not accompanied by the Holy Spirit? Even Satan knows the bible. How are you going to pour into those beautiful children of yours or friends, or family members if you are empty!

In our verse this week it says "She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls." This doesn't always have to be a PHYSICAL food, but it can be a spiritual food! In order to provide food it must be planned, prepared, mixed up, flavored, and baked in order to seal that flavor. Same with us. In order to provide others with spiritual food we must plan to get up early, prepare to study, let God mix it up in our hearts so we can be Salt & light, and then sprinkle and shine on everyone the rest of the day!

So Ladies your challenge this week is to Seek the LORD, ask him for a new and refreshing touch of his Spirit. Ask him to help you to pour into your family this week the things he is speaking to your heart!

Make sure to join us in the discussion forum on our facebook page and let me know what God did for you this week!

Also make sure to post a link to our facebook page on yours and invite friends to join...you never know whose marriage you might save!

No comments:

Post a Comment